Training: Citizen Science across LTSER platforms
The joint online program for Citizen Science (CS) across LTSER platforms, presented in the 3rd SPF, aims to have an impact on eLTER network at a local scale, by strengthening the relationship between citizens living in LTSER areas and the researchers and managers who operate them, and at an European scale, by strengthening the interaction between platforms.
Individual projects are being created for each LTSER platform within the eLTSER umbrella project on iNaturalist and all platforms are welcome.
To help platforms joining the umbrella project, a training session for platform managers/scientists/others to develop their own projects within iNaturalist will be given on the 1st of February (from 10am to1pm).
This session will allow participants interested in developing citizen science projects to create their own projects on iNaturalist and join the eLTSER umbrella project. Besides learning to use iNaturalist, the basics of citizen science, the motivations to use citizen science within the eLTER network and the main results obtained with the umbrella project are going to be addressed.
- Introduction and presentations
- Goals and content of the training session.
- Presentation of the participants
- Basics of Citizen Science at LTSER platforms
- What is citizen science
- Citizen Science main areas
- Citizen Science and biodiversity
- Why use Citizen Science at LTSER platforms
- Why use Citizen Science at eLTSER
- Engaging different stakeholders/citizens
- Exploring own platform challenges
- Joining iNaturalist
- Sign in to iNaturalis
- Register your first observations (App and site)
- Projects (examples, creating own projects and areas, etc)
- LTSER Umbrella
- Presenting the results of the project
- Discussion in the context of the eLTER network