Open position: Assistant Professor at Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands
2 January 2024
Do you like looking at clouds and you want to understand them? Then this position might be for you. The Delft University of Technology has opened an academic tenure track position for the study of clouds using the observational and modelling facilities of the Ruisdael Observatory in the Netherlands. They offer the opportunity to develop your own research line and academic career in atmospheric sciences with the focus on clouds and their significance for weather and climate. You will co-develop education to teach the next generation of students.
The position offers an inspiring environment at the department of Geoscience and Remote Sensing. The team consists of some 35 driven teachers and professors, and numerous PhD students and postdocs. You will also collaborate with colleagues across the faculty and university, as you will be conducting interdisciplinary research.
- A PhD in physics or engineering.
- Expertise in areas such as atmospheric physics, meteorology, climate science or another relevant subject.
- Thrive on conducting interdisciplinary research, showing a keen interest in relevant disciplines and working closely with other researchers to achieve meaningful results.
- Harness communication and networking skills, inspiring and convincing colleagues and partners of proposals and research.
- Have experience of teaching and enjoy interacting with students.
- A good command of written and spoken English, as the candidate will be working in an international environment.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact Prof.dr.ir. Herman Russchenberg, email: H.W.J.Russchenberg@tudelft.nl.
For information about the application procedure, please contact Mariska Wagemans-Vos, email: M.Wagemans-Vos@tudelft.nl.
Are you interested in this vacancy? Please apply no later than 21 January 2024 via the application button and upload your motivation and CV.
- You can apply online. We will not process applications sent by email and/or post.
- A pre-Employment screening can be part of the selection procedure.
- Please do not contact us for unsolicited services.
Learn more here.