eLTER SPF time series analysis workshop
The eLTER SPF Training working group is organising its first workshop. Based on the questionnaire results on training needs from sites, this workshop will focus on time series analysis, given by Ulrike Obertegger (FEM-CRI, Italy).
The workshop is open to everyone from students to researchers, independently of involvement in eLTER projects. The workshop will give an introduction to the challenges of time series data and demonstrate different analysis methods. This is not a technical course but a practical demonstration of what can be done to solve certain ecological questions.
All the analyses are done in R and thus a basic understanding of R coding is helpful but not necessary.
The workshop will be organised twice with the same content:
- Wednesday 1 December 2021 at 14:00-16:00 CET
- Monday 24 January 2022 at 14:00-16:00 CET
- Welcome by eLTER Coordinators Michael Mirtl (UFZ) and Jaana Bäck (UH)
- Introduction on basic terminology
- Classic time series analyses. Mann Kendall, Sen Theil trend estimation
- Change point analysis
- Modeling time series with cosine trends
- Clustering of time-series with DTW
R-script and example datasets can be downloaded from below. Please note the several R packages, as outlines in the R-script, have to be uploaded to make everything work.