Sites and Platform Forum on-site meeting
Registration to the first Sites and Platform Forum on-site meeting (SPF 05) at WasserCluster Lunz, Austria 2-5 October 2023, is now open!
Register here by 30th June.
SPF 05 will offer opportunities to get to know other SPCs, learn more about the eLTER ESFRI process and its influence on Sites and Platforms, and build new initiatives together. We will reserve time for activities ranging from plenary presentations to breakout work and informal discussions with other participants to a site tour.
Registration is open until 30th June 2023, but register as soon as possible to reserve your spot. If there are more people than we can host, we will first give at least two places per country and the rest will be filled by the order of registration.
The SPF is open to anyone working on eLTER Sites or Platforms. The venue cost, lunches, one meeting dinner and bus transport from St. Pölten railway station are covered by eLTER centrally, participants need to pay for their own travel to and accommodation in Lunz.
We have reserved accommodations at Landhotel Zellerhof.
Room price with breakfast and local tax per day are as follow:
- Single room per person € 86,60
- Double room or apartment per person € 69,60
The number of single rooms is limited, so we encourage you to share a room/apartment (which we will facilitate through registration for those interested). It can be a nice way to network.
The rooms are reserved on a first-come first served basis. You need to book directly with the hotel using the code, "Water Cluster October 2.10-5.10".
You can also look for your own accommodation on this central site: https://www.ybbstaler-alpen.at/en (select “Lunz am see” for place)
Lunz is simple to reach from Vienna (reached by both railway station and airport), there are direct trains to St. Pölten, from where eLTER will organise a bus transport (75 mins) to and from Lunz. If you cannot make the bus, there is also a public transport connection through Scheibbs (LINK, search for from St Pölten to Lunz am see).
We will use the registration to select the bus times and will send registered participants detailed information about the bus transport by the end of June.
DAY 1 (Oct 2, afternoon)
- Bus transport arranged from St. Pölten in the morning (times TBD)
- Welcome and Icebreaker with site information
- Multi-site data usage
- Drink & snack & networking
- Dinner (at own-cost)
DAY 2 (Oct 3, full day)
- General eLTER update (plenary presentations)
- Discussions around SOs, site labelling & services
- Site visit of WasserCluster Lunz (LINK)
- Science at Lunz and LTSER Eisenwurzen (plenary presentations)
- Discussion on joint activities across sites
- Dinner (at own-cost)
DAY 3 (Oct 4, full day)
- SPF activities and Working Groups (e.g. data, training, LTSER platforms, funding, DEIMS)
- Hike to Obersee (LINK)
- Informal discussions and interactions
- SPF meeting dinner
DAY 4 (Oct 5, morning)
- Wrap up, reflection & next steps
- Bus transport arranged to St. Pölten around 11 (time TBD)